Friday, March 14, 2014

milkshakes (& mug cakes) bringing errrbody to da yard

in case you don;t know, the title of this post is in reference to a song. hopefully you made that connection and if not, move on and continue reading.

sometimes (most of the time) I get cravings for dessert (any and all kids - I don't discriminate). sometimes I just want to drive to the local ice cream shoppe and get a large cake batter ice cream with oreos and cookie dough mixed in, topped with hot fudge. other times I want to bake dark chocolate brownies and eat half the batter before i put it in the oven. however I can't always do this for obvious reasons - risk of heart attack and most importantly, my jeans getting too tight :)

Occasionally I'll get that pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and eat it one sitting or bake a whole cake just cause I'm craving it, but what I try to do when I get hardcore cravings is try something healthier that will also satisfy my sweet tooth.

One of my favorite things to make when I'm craving chocolate and ice cream is a Skinny Reese's Milkshake.

ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
  • 1.5 Tablespoons of powdered peanut butter (I use PB2)
  • 1/3 scoop of chocolate protein powder
  • 2 Tablespoons of either chocolate or vanilla ice cream
  • 1 teaspoon of raw cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter
  • 1 packet of stevia sweetener
blend all these together and enjoy a satisfying treat that won't cost you much more than 200 calories!



another thing I really like to make is a Skinny Chocolate Mug cake, for when I'm craving something warm and cake-like. Mug cakes are super easy to make and can be altered to pretty much any flavor you want!

ingredients:
  • 1/4 Tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree
  • pinch of table salt
  • pinch of baking powder
  • 1/4 cup of almond milk
  • 2 Tablespoons of chocolate protein powder
mix all ingredients together in a mug, adding water until the consistency is a little thicker than normal cake batter. Heat in the microwave on 30-second intervals until cooked and enjoy - It'll cost ya less than 100 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment