Monday, April 21, 2014

SPRAAAANG BREAK (#fakepassout)

due to everything piling up before leaving for a beach trip for spring break, my blog has been very neglected and also been lacking anything nutrition or fitness related - so this is (hopefully) my LAST post for a while that has nothing to do with being healthy. and i mean nothing. Spring Break was probably one of the unhealthiest weeks of my life (as is most beach trips I take) and I really have no regrets!

honestly, the old me would not have enjoyed Spring Break because I would've been too occupied with trying to eat only foods that would make me skinny and making sure I worked out at least an hour every day. and I probably would not have drank at all. BORING! I'm so happy to say that I'm at a point in my life where I can let go, drink and party, eat junk food, and skip a few workouts every now and then and be content. No, my body isn't how I'd like it yet but I'll get there eventually. The whole Spring Break was worth gaining a couple pounds because in the end, I gained much more in memories and friendships. Yeah, that's pretty cheesy but it literally was one of the best weeks of my life.


I was blessed with the opportunity to spend 5 days in a beach house of 22 of my sorority sisters. Though this sounds overwhelming, it was just the opposite! I was so relaxed and at peace and never stopped laughing. these girls are amazing, hilarious, beautiful, and confident women who I feel honored to be in the presence of.
chiO~till~I~dieO



I returned from the beach on a Wednesday and took Thursday and Friday to recuperate and rest, which was very much needed. 
Saturday, I celebrated Easter with my dad's family (all 45 of them) and ate so much food I thought I'd pop....whoops. 
We had a "cochon de lait", which is a Cajun tradition of hanging a whole pig and cooking it rotisserie-style. It is amazing and perfectly complimented the homemade rice dressing, smothered green beans, roasted garlic bread, and candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows. My mouth is watering just remembering this feast!
And to top it all off, dessert consisted of coconut cake, chocolate cake, and banana pudding (hey, there's fruit in there!)
It was a beautiful spring day filled with food, family, and lots of fun!


soon to come: detoxing from my week of junk food and getting back on the workout grind.... only 2 more full weeks of school + few days of finals + summaahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment