Friday, April 4, 2014

TGIFF! (thank God it's finally Friday)

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!


Friday has got to be one the better things in life, and after a week filled with 2 tests and a few papers, this class-free Friday seemed like more of a blessing than usual. 
I also decided to make a trip home after class yesterday to pack some stuff for spring break next weekend - ONE MORE WEEK!

So, needless to say, since I was home, my Friday morning consisted of drinking fresh-pressed coffee and snuggling with my two dogs while watching the Today show - sweet bliss. 

Speaking of fresh-pressed coffee, my parents got me a French hand coffee press for Christmas last year and it is probably one of the best gifts I've ever received. It makes about 2 cups of richly brewed, fresh coffee. I highly recommend one to all coffee fanatics, like myself - they're not expensive at all!

After being up for a little while, it was time for some breakfast. One of my favorite things about being home and not in my dorm is being able to cook. I literally cook every meal when I'm home and even experiment with new recipes. 

This morning, I  decided to make one of my favorite breakfasts - a chocolate protein pancake. YA'LL. It was literally the BEST. PANCAKE. EVER. It came out absolutely perfect!



The recipe I used:
* 1 egg white
* 1/2 scoop of protein powder (I used chocolate but anything works!)
* 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* 1 Teaspoon of cocoa powder
* 1 Tablespoon of coconut or almond flour
* 1/2 Tablespoon of ground chia or flax seeds
* 1 Tablespoon of wheat flour or dry, wheat pancake mix
* pinch of baking powder
Mix completely and then cook like a normal pancake! Or put it in a waffle maker!
Nutrition:
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbs: 16 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 22 g
I also topped the pancake with warm strawberries, which made it even better!
I ate half of a grapefruit on the side and my coffee, of course :]


No comments:

Post a Comment