Sunday, August 3, 2014

August Goals//Jump Start Cleanse

HAPPY AUGUST EVERYONE! Wait, August?!
The month of August always makes me a little sad because it means the end of summer is near and school is about to be in full swing. I'm all nervous/excited/scared/looking forward to it all. 


I mean, I should have all these mixed feelings, seeing as August will be filled with sorority rush + moving to a new apartment + living in a new city + meeting new people + new classes + FOOTBALL + so much more!


As usual, I wanted to start this month with my goals:

  1. Continue to take [and enjoy!!] one to two rest days each week.
  2. Continue to be with friends and family even as school starts.
    • Though it may get hectic, I want to continue to grow these relationships. 
  3. Go to [almost] all the LSU football games....cause FUN.
    • Not too much beats a Saturday in Death Valley, amIright?
  4. Go to mass every Sunday.
    • I sorta missed a couple weeks this summer, and tend to miss once school starts but I'm determined to not. It makes me feel so empty when I miss. 
  5. Try 3 new workouts each week
    • This will almost be mandatory, seeing as I'm moving to a new city, therefore a new gym/routine. 
  6. LOVE MYSELF
  7. Read 1 chapter of a new book each night until I finally [if ever] finish the growing pile on my nightstand. 
  8. BLOG MORE!
I'm also printing and hanging these goals on my mirror to keep me accountable! 


After indulging in too many treats while in New York and then lots&lots of dessert last night.... I decided to kick August off with a "cleanse" (it's really just whole nutrition, nothing close to starving myself!)

What it looks like:
Breakfast: 
  • Shake - 
    • 1/2 teaspoon almond or peanut butter
    • 2/3 cup raspberries
    • 1 spoonful of oats
    • handful of spinach
    • 1/2 teaspoon of flax seed
    • 1/2 frozen banana
    • lemon juice
    • 1/4 scoop of protein powder
    • I topped mine with a little granola and shredded coconut too :]
  • + 1/2 a grapefruit


Snack 1:
  • 1/2 peach
  • 1/2 Greek yogurt

Lunch:
  • Shake - 
    • 1/2 cup milk 
    • 1/2 cut up cucumber
    • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
    • lime juice
    • 1 stalk of celery
    • 1 cup of kale
    • 1/2 cup pineapple 
    • 1/4 apple, chopped
    • 1/4 scoop protein powder
  • 1 cup of steamed broccoli 


Snack 2
  • Protein smoothie - 
    • 1 cup of any fruit
    • 1/2 scoop of protein powder
    • 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
    • water till the right consistency 
Dinner:
  • Shake - 
    • shake of cayenne pepper
    • flax seed
    • 2 T of avocado 
    • 1/2 cup blueberries
    • lemon juice
    • 1/2 cup mango
    • 1/2 cup kale
    • 1 cup coconut water
  • vegetables/healthy carbs on the side


There you have it....not an intense cleanse, but makes you feel great and a good fresh start to the month!

Let's attack August!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment