Thursday, June 12, 2014

CHICAGO CHICAGO CHICAGO

such a fantastic place/trip, it deserved to be said three times!

this was my first time ever experiencing Chicago and I absolutely LOVED it!

I'm actually so obsessed that I'm considering living there after I finish school...it is just so great!



If you get the chance, GO GO GO! We drove (a 15 hour drive FYI) and yeah that part kinda sucked, but it was so worth it!

A few trip highlights included

visiting the Bean monument in downtown Millennium Park
Seeing the "American Gothic" painting in the Chicago Art Institute
Seeing Lake Michigan from Navy Pier

                                        
Running along the Chicago River!
going to Lake Michigan beaches!

and best of all - meeting up with a Chi Omega sister from Chicago!

Now, more importantly (at least to me) the FOOD. Pretty much everything we ate was out-of-this-world-delicious!

Every morning, we were given a complimentary breakfast buffet which features a make-your-own omelet bar, tons of fresh fruit, yogurt & granola, oatmeal, and tons of other breakfast things + Starbucks coffee! Needless to say, I was in heaven!  

Pretty much my breakfast every morning - egg white omelet (with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and broccoli) + sausage or bacon + yogurt/fruit + a little bit of everything else they offered (right here, that's frittata and BREAD PUDDING). I looked forward to waking up for this every morning! 
This DELICIOUS salad from a local pub called Elephant & Castle. The salad had citrus chicken, mandarin oranges, raw onions, and salted cashews atop a bed of mixed greens. It was one of the best salads I've ever had!
Ghirardelli ice cream shop.... need I say more?!
The most adorable local tea/coffee company, Argo Tea! I got an espresso cappuccino and my sister got an apple cider hot tea - both were AWESOME! 
Cupcakes from the famous Sprinkles Cupcake Factory. I got a mini red velvet, my sister got a mini lemon, and my mom got a dark chocolate - all three tasted so fresh and I could've stayed in the cute little cafe and eaten more cupcakes for the rest of the day!
& last but definitely not least - Chicago style pizza! JUST LOOK AT THAT CRUST! so thick. so bready. so mouth-watering!! Hands down, best pizza I've ever consumed. 

Chicago is a fantastic city & I can't wait to visit again! The food, people, sights, and culture were so inviting and I instantly felt at home. 

Chicago, you have my heart :]

No comments:

Post a Comment