Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy National Runner's Day!

Today is a day that holds a special place in my heart - it is National Runner's Day!

I started serious running my sophomore year in high school and fell in love! Running is one of the most rewarding and challenging lifestyles. 

This summer, my sister and I have the privilege of training two days a week with my former cross country coach. Today was only the second day, but he is killing me!

Today, in our of National Runner's Day, I went to practice at 7:00 this morning (yikes) and our workout was:

  • 1.5 mile run through a field 
  • 10 minutes sprinting up a hill and jogging down
  • 10 minutes sprinting up a hill and walking down
  • 1/2 mile run back
  • 2 x 20 ab leg lifts
  • 2 x 20 oblique crunches
  • 2 x 20 toe touches
  • 10 minutes of stretching
After practice, me and Olivia alternated icing & heating our shins before heading off to a yoga class!

What a wonderful way to start my morning!



I refueled with this shake + 2 scrambled egg whites!


&& what a beautiful post-run site!


Happy Day everyone! 

Leave for Chicago tomorrow.... can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment