Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Greens on Greens on Greens

Starting strong on completing one of my July Goals - making 3 new recipes each week. 

This morning, I made a delicious coconut/spinach/banana/oatmeal smoothie! Yes, cooked oatmeal. Just go with me on this one....cause it was DELICIOUS.

Ingredients:

  • Half banana
  • 1 teaspoon of almond or peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of spinach or kale
  • half scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • half cup of cooked oatmeal (I used a cinnamon flavor but anything, even plain, would work!)
  • 1 spoonful of Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
  • 1/2 cup of coconut water
  • 1/4 teaspoon of honey
  • 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
Throw it all in a blender and mix it on up -- doesn't get much easier than that!


I ended up topping mine with a handful of granola and about a tablespoon of coconut shavings!

Nutrition:
Calories: 270 ~ Fat: 7 grams ~ Carbs: 35 grams ~ Fiber: 8 grams ~ Protein: 20 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment