Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Red&White&Blue

had one of the best fourth of July's this year with great friends and great family!

and of course, great food :]


Hanging out with friends at a pool  party on the fourth!
And then Saturday, a group of friends and I drove out and spent the whole day canoeing!





Right before I left for a day filled with canoeing, I made a red/white/blue parfait for breakfast! I was still feeling pretty patriotic and it definitely held me over till lunchtime. 



Ingredients:
1/2 container of blueberry yogurt (I used a chobani flip)
1/2 container of plain Greek yogurt
Cereal or granola (I used Special K chocolate because chocolate.)
Few sliced strawberries
Few raspberries
Walnuts/chia seeds for the topping (totally optional! I used the topping that came in the Chobani flip)



Directions:
1. Get a tallish glass or just a big bowl!
2. Put half of the desired blueberry yogurt on the bottom of the dish
3. Then put a few slices of strawberries
4. Put half of the desired plain Greek yogurt
5. Put a few raspberries
6. Sprinkle a little granola
7. Repeat those steps until you are out of ingredients
8. Top with walnuts and chia seeds and eat up!


Spent the rest of the afternoon/night with some relatives from out of town and a lil barbecue! If that weekend doesn't scream 'MERICA I don't know what does!

No comments:

Post a Comment