Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Already?!

Seems like lately my health and fitness desires are lacking in motivation. I'm kind of just eating to eat and not truly enjoying it and working out is getting monotonous. 

I also feel unorganized in what I want to accomplish in regards to life/fitness/health/the future, etc.
So I decided to begin each month with a list of goals -- a few things I want to become habits!

So, drum roll.... (okay, I guess it's not THAT exciting)

JULY GOALS:
  1. Take at least ONE rest day each week. 
    • This is definitely a struggle for me because I'm not doing much this summer and getting bored comes easily. Going to the gym gives me something to do. I also have a mindset that if I don't workout one day, everything I've done so far was a waste. I know, that doesn't make sense at all. However, I think one reason I'm not seeing results from my workouts is because I'm not letting my muscles recover. I want to work on my mindset of "rest" so that I'm truly taking care of myself. Okay, rant over ya'll. 
  2. Spend more time with friends and be carefree. 
    • Even though I don't do anything during the summer, I'm not really hanging out with friends. And even when I do, I don't truly enjoy myself. It's something in the back of my mind I guess so I want to work on having fun....sounds like a pretty good goal!
  3. Accept lazy days
    • Pretty much every day this summer has looked like this: wake up, workout, run a few errands, then lie on the couch. & sometimes I'll do stuff at night if anything's going on. It's hard for me sometimes to simply be lazy and binge watch Friday Night Lights but I know that once school starts, laziness will be a thing of the past and something I will long for so I need to love it while it lasts!
  4. Try 3 new recipes each week
    • I literally have hundreds of recipes I've been dying to try so look forward to that :)
  5. Try 3 new workouts each week
    • Along with hundreds of recipes, I also have HUNDREDS of workouts I want to try. I think picking 3 each week will really challenge my body and keep my gym-seshes exciting! 
  6. Love myself
    • I've struggled with self confidence the past 5 years or so and honestly, it's getting SUPER OLD. This month, I want to begin revamping my brain into accepting and loving who I am. No pressure, right?
  7. Finish a book
    • I've already started one and, seeing as I'm going to the beach soon, this goal shouldn't be very difficult!
  8. Blog MORE!
    • I've gotten a little lazy on this so it is a must!
Whoooo that was an earful (or eyeful since you're reading this?)

8 goals seems like an overwhelming amount but they're all pretty small and simple things!
Make your own list of goals and share it before you knock em out this month :]



Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment