Sunday, May 4, 2014

And as finals week begins....

As most people begin panic-studying and stressing over finals, I do not. Partially because I like to think I have good time management and partially because I only have two finals (sorry not sorry). And actually I had 6 tests last week so I deserve this week to be a little less stressful. 

After a not-so-healthy trip to get ice cream at Coldstone Friday afternoon(again, sorry not sorry because it is 100% worth it), I was ready to get in a good workout Saturday morning. 

Before I met up with a couple friends to go run, I started my morning with coffee in bed. And for breakfast I had sliced fruit, half of a vitatop muffin, and half of a banana with almond butter, chia seeds, and coconut flakes on top. The banana was AMAZING! Definitely eating that combo more often. 

Displaying photo 2.JPG


About an hour after I ate, we made our way to the gym. We started by doing a few weights, focusing mainly on arms:
  • 2 x 18 bicep curls
  • 2 x 18 French presses
  • 2 x 18 upright rows
  • 2 x 18 deadrows
  • 2 x 18 shoulder presses
  • 2 x 18 tricep extensions
  • 20 lunges, each side
  • 20 squats
  • 10 curtsy lunges, each side
  • 20 plie squats
We finished with a 4 miles run around the campus lakes. Even though we went around noon, the bright sun and wind from the water made for a cool and peaceful run. 

I like to do abs and stretching after running for my cool down. I did:
2 x 30 seconds of each:
  • crunches
  • bicycles
  • left side oblique crunch
  • right side oblique crunch
  • leg lifts
  • plank
  • sit ups
  • Russian twists
and then I finished with about 8-10 minutes of various stretching. 
Displaying photo 3.JPG
Nice calorie burn to start my weekend!

Spent most of the rest of the day studying away and drinking coffee (as if I need more). 
And later that evening, me and a huge group of sorority sisters went eat at the steakhouse on our campus! It works with out meal plan so basically we're eating for free...which is why our bill came out to over $700. Whoops. I wish I was kidding. But it was totally worth it and an awesome way to ring in finals week. 

Displaying photo.PNG

We ordered every appetizer on the menu and so I munched on a little bit of each. For my entree, I ordered zucchini wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp on top of brown rice....yummmm! 
Displaying photo 3.JPG

Finished it off with coffee and sharing a piece of cheesecake and creme brulee with my friends!
Displaying photo 2.JPG

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TILL SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment