Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Have Your Pie & Eat It Too

When I woke up this morning, I was craving something sweet, go figure. But for once, I wanted something that wasn't chocolate (WHAAAAT). For some reason, I was craving a huge piece of apple pie. I blame it on the time of month (TMI??)

Anyways, instead of baking a pie for breakfast, I whipped up a random combination into a protein shake to make a delicious Apple Pie Shake! And it definitely hit the spot!

Ingredients:
- 1/2 chopped apple (you can also buy the frozen, pre-chopped apple slices)
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- shake of nutmeg
- shake of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt

Blend all together, adding as much water you need to get it the right consistency!


  • Calories: 160 
  • Fat: 3 grams
  • Carbs: 18 grams
  • Fiber: 5 grams
  • Protein: 17 grams
Not too shabby for a slice (or cup) of pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment