Sunday, May 11, 2014

new ends and new beginnings

well, I'm officially moved back home and done with my first year of college. Though it is a sad ending and I wish I could go back in time, I'm looking forward to the new beginnings that await me.

After my 7:30 a.m. exam Friday morning, I packed the rest of my dorm and said goodbye.


After, two of my best friends (and future roommates!) went to the most adorable cafe, called Magpie, for brunch.
 
I ordered a Greek yogurt and blueberry parfait, topped with their homemade granola and a cup (or two) of coffee. 
The three of us also decided to split a wheat blackberry scone and almond biscotti to dip in our coffee!

After that, I drove home, unpacked for 4 hours (SUPER FUN!!!!) and got ready for my younger sister's confirmation. I was honored to be her sponsor and the night was just fabulous!

After the mass, my family went eat at our Italian restaurant. And for dessert, we had my absolute favorite cake in the whole world, a red velvet dobage cake from a local bakery. If you've never had a dobage cake, please do yourself a favor and get one ASAP. They are literally the best cakes around, no matter what bakery they come from.

 

What a wonderful way to start my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment