Thursday, May 8, 2014

Never Thought I'd be Posting this....

Never thought I would be sad to leave college for the summer. Honestly, I hated it 3/4 of the year. It wasn't until about a month ago that I truly fell in love with my school, sorority, new friends, and even myself. 

That being said, I embraced my last week of school with spunk and enthusiasm, trying to make it the best I possibly could. 

I started my day yesterday with a 3 mile run. I hadn't done that in about a week and I was a little nervous but I sucked it up and pushed through because my body and my mind definitely needed it. 

I tend to follow the same intervals when I run 3 miles and it looks a little some thing like this:

  • Mile 1:
    • 0.25 mile at 5.5 speed
    • 0.25 mile at 5.8 speed
    • 0.25 mile at 6.0 speed
    • 0.25 mile at 5.8 speed
  • Mile 2:
    • 0.15 of a mile at 6.0
    • 0.15 mile at 5.8
    • 0.15 mile at 6.0
    • 0.15 mile at 6.2
    • 0.15 mile at 6.0 
    • 0.25 mile at 5.8
  • Mile 3:
    • 1 minute at 6.0
    • 1 minute at 5.8
    • 1 minute at 6.0
    • 1 minute at 5.8
    • 1 minute at 6.0
    • 30 seconds at 5.8
    • 30 seconds at 6.0
    • 30 seconds at 6.5
    • 30 seconds at 7.0
    • 30 seconds at 7.5
    • 30 seconds at 7.0
    • 30 seconds at 6.5
    • 30 seconds at 6.0
    • 30 seconds at 5.8
    • 5.5 speed until 3 miles is reached
okay yeah I'm not OCD at all.... but this is the only thing that keeps me from getting bored and jumping off of the treadmill. And it's simpler when you actually do it, I promise!


sometimes I like to add inclines on the second mile but I've been having trouble with my achilles tendons and didn't want to overdo it.

I did a couple random weight machines and walked on the track for about 10 minutes after that to cool down!



Later on, two of my new friends and I ventured to a sandy area near a campus lake to tan for a couple of hours and just chill. It was very spur of the moment and super relaxing! It made me sad to have to say goodbye to all of it in just 2 short days. 


My dad drove in later to pack up my dorm. Now it's pretty depressing to be in there because it basically consists of just my comforter-less bed, a desk and chair, and a filing cabinet. No decorations or nutthhingg. I'm very sad to leave my new home, but I know I'll be back in a few short months permanently so that's what I keep telling myself!

This morning, my roommate and I ran 4 miles around the campus lakes and then went to coffee and breakfast together. Oh how I'll miss that next year!

After, I went to study near one of my classes and discovered a free coffee bar with muffins and cookies. Not that my body needed a third cup of coffee but I really just couldn't pass it up!

I fixed a small cup of vanilla-creamed coffee and dipped half of a peanut butter cookie (umm hello heaven!) into it. Perfect little study snack if I do say so myself! 


One more finally tomorrow and then I move back home....Happy studying ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment